BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATIONS, (C-14)
DEEE-THIRD SEMISTER EXAMINATIONS
ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
Time:3hour Total marks:80
Answer all the question each carries 3 marks 10 x 3 = 30
- State the types of secondary instruments
- Distinguish between Absolute and Secondary instruments
- List the applications of M.C Instruments
- List the errors commonly occurring in M.I. Instruments.
- List the methods of measurement of
- i) Low resistance ii)Medium resistance and iii)High resistance
- Distinguish between shunt and series Ohm-meters
- State the need of Transducers in Measurement systems
- List the applications of sensors.
- List analog electronic Instruments.
- List the types of digital Voltmeters
Answer any five questions each carries ten marks 5 x 10= 50
- (a)State the uses of Tong tester (clamp meter).(5) (b) Classify the electromechanical instruments according to Principle of Working (5)
- Describe the construction and working of Attraction type Moving Iron (M.I) Instrument
- Describe the construction and working of a dynamometer type instrument
- Describe construction and connections of a 3-phase energy meter.
- List the errors commonly occurring in M.I. Instruments and suggest their remedies
- Explain the construction and working of Megger
- Explain the measurement of temperature using Thermister in a Bridge circuit.
- Explain the Working of Single Phase Digital Energy meter with block diagram.