Qualifying marks in APECET -2016

The examination will be for 200 Marks with 200 Objective type questions and the distribution of marks
for each stream will be as

Subject          Max.Marks
Mathematics 50 Common to all branches
Physics 25 Common to all branches
Chemistry 25 Common to all branches
Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/
Electronics & Communications/computer Science/
Chemical/Metallurgical/Mining/Electronics &
Instrumentation/ Ceramic Technology/
Bio technology as the case may be) 100 Separate Question Paper for Each branch of engineering

Qualifying marks in APECET -2016.

The qualifying percentage marks for obtaining a rank in APECET -2016 is 25% of the aggregate marks in the four subjects (three subjects for B.Sc. Mathematics) i.e., 50 marks out of a total of 200. However, in the case of SC/ST candidates, there shall be no minimum qualifying marks for ranking the candidates. The rank obtained with the benefit of relaxation of the minimum qualifying marks at the APECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)]-2016 by any candidate claiming to belong to SC/ST category will be cancelled in case the claim is found to be invalid at the time of admission.


Candidates should have appeared and qualified at the APECET-2016. Mere appearance at the Entrance Test
does not automatically entitle a candidate to be considered for entry into any course unless the candidate
satisfies the requirement of eligibility and other criteria laid down in the rules of admission.

Admission to 85% of the seats in each course shall be reserved for the local candidates and the remaining 15%
of the seats shall be un-reserved seats as specified in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations
and Admissions) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.

The lateral entry seats in case of Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) are 20%
over and above the sanctioned intake into the course. In case of University Colleges the lateral entry seats are
10% over and above the sanctioned intake into the course.

While filling up the lateral entry seats based on the APECET-2016 ranks, B.Sc.(Mathematics) stream students
will be considered for admission only after exhausting all the qualified diploma holders

Evaluation and ranking in APECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)]-2016

a) The student will be ranked (Integrated Merit Rank) based on the marks obtained by him/her in the APECET
[FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)]-2016 Examination.
b) Every care will be taken to avoid errors in valuation, checking, scrutiny, tabulation and ranking. Hence
request for re-totaling, revaluation or personal identification of scripts will in no case be entertained.
Candidates will be ranked in the order of merit in APECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)]-2016 separately in
each branch of Engineering Course
c) As per Government Order all Diploma holders in any branch of Engineering/Technology, who qualify in
APECET [FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)]-2016 are eligible for admission into B.Tech. Information Technology
and Computer Science and Engineering branches. The Integrated Merit Rank is for admission into B.Tech.
Information Technology Course. The Integrated Merit Rank is based on the total marks obtained in APECET
[FDH & B.Sc.(Mathematics)]-2016 by candidates with Diploma in any branch of Engineering/Technology.
d) Resolvng Tie in Engineering Stream: In case of a tie in aggregate, the marks obtained in Engineering
subject, and in case of further tie the marks obtained in the Mathematics subject and if the tie still continues,
the marks obtained in physics subject will be taken into account to decide the relative ranking. In case of
candidates getting equal marks in each of the four subjects, they will be bracketed for the purpose of award of
rank. Age of the candidate will be considered at the time of admission for resolving the tie, the older candidate
being given preference.
e) Resolvng Tie in Pharmacy Stream: In case of tie the percentage of marks secured in the qualifying
examination will be taken into consideration. On further tie, age will be taken into consideration; the older
candidate will be given priority.
f) Resolvng Tie in B.Sc.(Mathematics) Stream : Candidates will be ranked based on the marks obtained in
the entrance examinations. In case of a tie in aggregate, the marks obtained in Mathematics subject and in
case of further tie the aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination shall be taken into account to
resolve the tie.
g) The candidates can download the rank cards from the web site after the declaration of the results.

Related posts

SBTET TS SBTET Diploma C05 1st,2nd & 3rd Year Nov-2016 Exam Results

SBTET Diploma Updates

SBTET – Diploma Examinations – Mar/Apr -2016- Uploading of Examination Halls Information for generating the Seating Plan

SBTET Diploma Updates

Blogging keeps the blues away

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: