Sub: SBTET, AP – Diploma Exams-Curriculum-14-Conduct of Instant cum Advanced
Supplementary exams-immediately after the declaration of Mar/April exam results-
Ref: Note orders of the Spl. CTE & Chairman, SBTET, AP, dated: 28-04-2017.
With reference to the subject cited, all the Principals of Govt/ Aided, Private Polytechnics
and 2nd shift Engineering Colleges offering Diploma courses are informed that instant cum
advanced supplementary exams will be conducted immediately after the declaration of Mar/Apr
2018 examination results for the following categories of students.
A. It will be conducted only for regular/readmitted students in the regular stream.
B. Only two subjects in the final semester including the practical subjects will be
considered for the exam.
C. No instant exam for the 3 ½ year course candidates.
Further, a candidate is eligible to appear for the instant cum advanced supplementary exam
provided he/she have fulfilled the following conditions.
1) The candidate must be a regular student in final semester.
2) The candidate should register for the March/April-2018 regular diploma
3) To appear for instant cum advanced supplementary examination, the candidate
should pass all the subjects from First year to 5th semester before appearing for the
4) Candidate should not have failed in more than two subjects including practical
subjects in the final semester.
5) Such candidates will not be allowed to appear for the next subsequent Oct/Nov
6) Instant cum advanced supplementary exam may be conducted in limited centers i.e.,1 or 2 Government Polytechnics in a district.
The Principals are also requested to give wide publicity for the above among HOS, Staff &
Students and arrange to place the same on the notice board of the institution and also circulate the
same to the HOS & Staff concerned.